Wondering how you can reduce your environmental footprint? We’ve listed a 10-point plan on how you, a homeowner, can save water and help protect the environment!
1. Install water-saving shower heads and try to limit your showers to 4 minutes.
2. Use full loads in your dishwasher and washing machine. Use an “Eco” setting when possible!
3. Do not use your toilet as a place to dispose of rubbish such as tissues – use the garbage can.
4. Check and repair all possible leaks, from the toilet to the taps to pipes.
5. Install a duel-flush toilet.
6. Do not leave water running while you are brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing dishes.
7. Water the garden or other plants around the home at times of least evaporation such as early in the morning and late in the evening.
8. Install a collection tank for the eve-shoots of your home. This can be used for toilet water or gardening.
9. Do not wait for the tap to run to get cooler water, keep some water refrigerated instead.
10. Use buckets for cleaning floors, windows and cars.