Commercial window cleaning is something all commercial property owners need to invest in; however, a common question many property owners have is “how often is professional cleaning necessary?”
Unfortunately, there isn’t a simple answer to this question, as there are several factors that will impact how often cleaning is necessary.
Keep in mind, while cleaning your windows may not be at the top of your business priority list, it is something that can impact the impression you make on others. After all, the windows are one of the first things seen. Dirty, unkept windows don’t make a great impression.
Factors Affecting a Commercial Window Cleaning Schedule
Some of the factors that will impact how often you should have your commercial windows cleaned can be found here:
- Location: If your windows are near busy streets or highways they will become dirty much faster than those located in quieter locations.
- Landscaping: If your building is near trees that drip sap, if there are mulched areas against the building or if your building is near a parking lot, you will need to invest in cleaning more often due to the debris in the air.
- Weather: Does your area get a lot of rain? If so, it can kick up debris and leaves that will need to be removed from your windows, as well as water spots.
- Structure: Even though a unique or interesting building design will help your company stand out, there are some features, including inset windows, that will get dirtier, faster.
However, the main factor that will affect how often window cleaning is needed is the type of business you operate.
Window Cleaning Schedules for Specific Businesses
Each type of business is going to have unique needs regarding how often commercial window cleaning services should be scheduled.
- Restaurants: Due to circulating grease and moisture, it is best to have windows cleaned every two weeks – both inside and out.
- Healthcare facilities: Including hospitals, clinics, doctor’s offices, and more, these locations need a well-maintained appearance, which is why it is best to have windows cleaned on a monthly basis.
- Retail stores: Most retail locations have a large amount of foot traffic, which means you should invest in professional window cleaning once a month.
- Office buildings: In most cases, office buildings won’t require cleaning as often as others, and unless there is some type of event that causes more dirt than usual, you can schedule professional window cleaning two times a year.
The Bottom Line
Think about it – have you ever driven by a commercial building with lots of windows? What do you notice? Chances are, if the windows are dirty and unkept, this is all that stands out. Don’t let this happen to your building. Doing this on your own can be very time consuming, however, with professional window cleaning services, you don’t have to worry about this issue. You will have clean, spotless windows that make a great impression on your customers, clients and more.