If you have a building with a glass storefront or a lot of windows, it is imperative that you keep them clean. The fact is, dirty, smudged and grimy windows just don’t make a great impression on those coming to do business with you.
While the thought of having to clean all those windows – inside and out – can be a bit overwhelming, with a bit of information, it doesn’t have to be. Use the information here to learn how to clean your commercial property’s windows and keep them looking great.
Gather Your Supplies
The first step is to gather up everything you will need to handle the job. This will typically include:
- A professional grade window cleaning product/solution
- Window cleaning scraper
- Utility bucket
- Microfiber cloth
Cleaning Your Windows
The good news is, the process of actually cleaning your windows only requires five steps:
- Step 1: Dilute the window cleaning solution, two to one, with water in your utility bucket.
- Step 2: Spray the window solution onto the window to be cleaned.
- Step 3: If you see any debris, such as paint, stickiness or something else, use the scraper to remove it.
- Step 4: Dry off the glass using your squeegee.
- Step 5: The microfiber cloth will clean the water away from the edges of the window.
That is really all you have to do. The downside is that you have to repeat this process for the interior and exterior of each glass door and window on your commercial property.
Helpful Tips to Remember when Cleaning Your Commercial Property’s Windows
There are several tips you should keep in mind to help ensure the process of cleaning your commercial windows is successful and that you get the results desired:
- Ammonia: This is a great substance for cutting through grease and removing any signs of fingerprints. But use caution with this, as it can damage tint on glass.
- Avoid direct sunlight: If you wash your windows in the direct sun, then it may lead to streaking. Try to schedule window cleaning when the sun isn’t directly overhead.
- Touch ups: If your cloth is too wet, it can result in streaks or smudges on the windows.
- Squeegee blades: As time passes, the blades on your squeegee will begin to wear, and this can leave streaks. Make sure to change the blades as needed.
Keeping Your Windows Looking Great
If you are like most property owners, your main goal is to keep windows looking amazing throughout the year. After all, this is often the first thing that clients or customers are going to see. Using the tips here will help ensure you get the spotless clean you want and need. However, if you don’t have the time or desire to handle this process on your own, consider hiring the professionals. They can quickly and easily tackle any commercial window cleaning job, regardless of how big or small it may be.