Have you been struggling with your in-house facility maintenance investment? You’re looking to make a good impression on your clients, but the results just do not measure up to the expectations you’ve set? If so, then maybe it is time you considered an outsourced solution. Why outsource rather than have your own employees do the work? Here are five great reasons:
5 OUTSOURCING BENEFITS NO FACILITY MANAGER CAN AFFORD TO IGNORE
- It saves you the need to employ a facility maintenance team and deal with the related hassle. This can range from divvying up responsibilities among your current team members (who may view this type of work as less important than their day-to-day responsibilities) or bringing in a team of individuals and managing their workload, payroll, etc.
- It spares you from investing in specialized products and equipment, as an outsourced company will have their own. Often, the products will exceed industry standards and be applied by experienced professionals.
- It allows for a more cost-effective and results-based solution. Your service agreement can and should include strict service standards – and even penalties for not meeting standards.
- It ensures flexibility. Besides regular services, you can contract additional work and have experts to turn to in case of emergencies or unforeseen events.
- It will help you make a great impression on your clients, business partners and employees. Your company will be associated with efficiency and structure by showcasing clean and well maintained facilities.
Of course, in order to enjoy these benefits, you will need to find the right company to outsource to and negotiate an ironclad service contract. Doing so comes with a few more things to consider:
ASPECTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE OUTSOURCING FACILITIES SERVICES
- Long-term perspective – The company you choose should be experienced, reliable, able to grow with its clients, keep up with technology and trends, and constantly improve their services.
- Risk management – Make sure the company you work with takes full responsibility for their employees, their safety, and their work.
- Services contracted – Needless to say, cleaning is the most important service for your facility, as it can impact your whole business – from employee health and efficiency to product safety and company image. The contract should clearly stipulate the operations included, their schedule, the products and equipment used & the quality evaluation criteria for the work being done.
- Financial implications –Negotiate a clear and convenient payment structure that helps you control costs and get your money’s worth.
- Availability – It is important to know that customer service is paramount to the company you choose. Your agreement should include “‘round-the-clock” support to handle complaints and questions. Make sure the company management and the employees providing the contracted services are responsive and helpful.
Keeping these tips in mind when you review outsourced solutions will surely help you find the right property management company to work with. Every dollar spent on your business is an investment – and having the right provider working with you will give you peace of mind knowing that you’ve invested wisely in a quality, outsourced partner.